Last night Jason Jordan posted about what he felt were 5 overrated writers, and the Internet exploded. There is now another one of those silly outcries of how we are a community and we need to stick together and blah blah blah. You already know my thoughts on that. It just blows my mind that you can't speak your mind in this community, because if it's not completely constructive criticism (and even if it is), then you're suddenly a meanie. This makes me think most of these writers in the community are in writers' groups where everyone praises everyone else's work no matter how bad it is, and hence nobody learns or grows as individual writers because nobody has the balls to tell them what's wrong with their work. And so, with that in mind, I present you with my list of 5 overrated things:
- Thursday. You know, the fourth day of the week. It's so overrated.
- Coke Zero. I mean, come on, why not just stick with Diet Coke?
- Frosted Brown Sugar Cinnamon Pop-Tarts. Everyone love them but I don't care much for them, so I judge them overrated.
- True Blood. It's probably a great show, and I do want to see it, but I haven't seen it yet, so right now it's overrated.
- Puffs Facial Tissues. Seriously, it's Kleenex or nothing else.
And so you have it, my current list of 5 overrated things. Yes, I know, I'm a meanie. So suck it.